SCHEDULE II FALSEWORK – Acrow Ltd Special Terms and Conditions
These conditions form part of the Terms of Engagement between the Customer and the Company, and should be read in conjunction with the Acrow Ltd – Terms of Trade, and “Schedule I – Acrow Ltd General Conditions of Trading”.
1. The falsework quotation has been based on information and drawings supplied by the Customer. Should the dimensions and physical detail on site be different to those upon which the quotation was based, the Company may amend the quotation in both detail and price.
2. The Customer is responsible for obtaining all permits, providing traffic management, telecommunications and power unless the quotation states otherwise. Accordingly, the Customer must provide the Company written confirmation that in respect of Council permits, traffic management, telecommunications and power that all necessary consents and approvals and arrangements have been obtained, and that access to site is permitted and safe. Should the Company be required to obtain such consents and assurances, including engineering calculations and producer statements as required, these will be at the Customer’s cost.
3. All equipment is offered subject to availability at the date of receipt of order. Should alternative sizes have to be substituted the hire charges may alter accordingly.
4. Unless an erection and dismantle programme is supplied by the Customer and has been priced accordingly, the quoted price to erect, dismantle and transport the falsework is based on erection, dismantling and transportation being carried out as a continuous operation i.e. full eight hour working days over consecutive days. To this point, should falsework need to be dismantled or erected over more than one continuous operation without having been included in the quotation, the work is a variation to the contract and will be charged to the Customer.
5. The Customer is to provide ground support condition capable of carrying the total gross weight of equipment when fully loaded. The falsework shall be assumed to be placed on a previously poured concrete surface strong enough to support the loads imposed. The Company accepts no responsibility whatsoever in the event of deflection, subsidence or collapse due to inadequate ground support or foundation.
6. The erection of falsework on to new or existing structures that may require additional support (eg back propping to support the additional dead and live loads of falsework) will require the following:
a. Prior to commencement of falsework erection, the Customer to provide the Company written authorisation from the building Owner to use the existing building structure.
b. Prior to commencement of falsework erection, the Customer to provide the Company with written approval of the design from Customer’s on-site engineers.
c. Should back propping be required while existing falsework remains in place, the additional equipment, labour and transport required to provide this will be charged as a variation to the contract.
7. Falsework towers will be erected to within 50mm of the finished support height. The Customer will provide any levels, and final jack adjustment will be the responsibility of the Customer.
8. If excavation of foundation surface is required next to or near the falsework, the Customer is responsible for shoring the area and for the stability of structure. If extra falsework is required for shoring this will be charged as a variation to the contract.
9. The Customer is responsible for protection of new or existing surface condition during erection and dismantle of the falsework.
10. The Company requires advance notification of any restrictions to site access. Adequate notification of such obstructed or restricted site access (eg concrete pours or precast delivery) will permit the Company’s deliveries to be re-scheduled thus avoiding extra freight charges.
11. The Company requires clear and unrestricted access to the floor areas for placement of the falsework. The Company requires notification in writing prior to start of the falsework erection if restriction to certain areas is to be imposed. If access is restricted, this may affect the quoted price. If access is across an existing boundary line, it is the Customer’s responsibility to advise the Company what the exact boundary details are and obtain permission from the adjacent property owner prior to the Company commencing supply on site.
12. The Company requires a lay down area for the unloading and storage of falsework. The Company undertakes to deliver the equipment to a mutually agreed position as close as practicable to the installation point. In the event of this position not being available at the agreed time of delivery, any additional costs of labour and transport incurred will be to the Customer’s account.
13. The Company has priced the erection and dismantle of falsework based on the use of the Customer’s on-site crane or personal hoist for the placement or removal of falsework equipment. If this use is to be restricted or denied then the Company requires notification in writing prior to the supply of falsework and a price adjustment made. If on-site crane is removed prior to completion of falsework erect or dismantle, the Customer is to supply alternative cranage. Variation charges will result if the Company is required to remove equipment from site.
14. Storage and protection of the equipment while on site is the Customer’s responsibility. All losses resulting from damage, loss or theft will be the responsibility of the Customer and shall be at the Customer’s cost.
15. Precautions to secure the falsework that prevents unauthorised use of, or access to site or building via the falsework, is the Customer’s responsibility and the Company does not accept responsibility for any unauthorised entry, injury, damage or theft.
16. The Customer shall ensure that all users of the falsework are aware of the load capacity of the falsework and any restriction imposed on it. The Customer shall also ensure that the falsework is not interfered with or altered in any way by site personnel and that any persons accessing the site use all safety equipment pertaining to the design requirements. The Company accepts no responsibility whatsoever in the event of deflection, subsidence or collapse due to unauthorised alterations. Remediation of unauthorised alterations to falsework is considered a variation to the contract.
17. The Company requires access to on-site toilet facilities and access to lunchroom facilities or an area to be provided for a location of a site shed.
18. Installation of falsework will be carried out during normal working hours i.e. 7:00am to 6:00pm on the weekdays excluding Statutory Holidays. Unless by prior arrangement, work required outside these hours will be charged at an overtime rate as specified in the contract.
19. 48 hours’ notice request for variation to quoted Goods or Services is requested.
20. Please note the GENERAL CONDITIONS OF TRADING IN RESPECT OF HIREAGE.