SCHEDULE II SCAFFOLDING – Acrow Ltd Special Terms and Conditions
These conditions form part of the Terms of Engagement between the Customer and the Company, and should be read in conjunction with the Acrow Ltd – Terms of Trade, and “Schedule I – Acrow Ltd General Conditions of Trading”.
1. The scaffold quotation has been based on information supplied by the Customer. Should the dimensions and physical detail on site be different to those upon which the quote was based, the Company may amend the quotation in both detail and price.
2. Prior to finalisation of the contract price, the Customer is to inform the Company on the proposed use of the scaffolding and the duty load requirement, so that a safe and suitable scaffold is supplied that meets the Customer’s requirements. As different trades have different requirements, the Customer must also inform the Company in writing the required distance from the building face and any other special requirements they may have. Alterations to scaffold required as a result of changes to these requirements will be charged as a variation to contract.
3. The Customer is responsible for obtaining all permits, providing traffic management, telecommunications and power unless the quotation states otherwise. Accordingly, the Customer must provide the Company written confirmation that in respect of Council permits, traffic management, telecommunications and power that all necessary consents and approvals and arrangements have been obtained, and that access to site is permitted and safe. Should the Company be required to obtain such consents and assurances, including engineering calculations and producer statements, these will be at the Customer’s cost.
4. Unless otherwise stated no allowance has been made for power line sheathing.
5. All equipment is offered subject to availability at the date of receipt of order. Should alternative sizes have to be substituted the hire charges may alter accordingly.
6. Unless an erection and dismantle programme is supplied by Customer and has been priced accordingly, the quoted labour price to erect and dismantle the scaffold is based on the scaffolding being erected and dismantled to an area once only. The supply of scaffold is based on erection and dismantling being carried out as a continuous operation i.e. full eight hour working days over consecutive days. To this point, should a scaffold need to be dismantled and re–erected without having been included in the quotation, the work is a variation to the contract and will be charged to the Customer under clause 24 in respect of variation charges.
7. The erection of scaffold on to new or existing structures that may require additional support (eg back propping to support the additional dead and live loads of scaffold) will require the following:
a. Prior to commencement of scaffold erection, the Customer to provide the Company written authorisation from the building Owner to use the existing building structure.
b. Prior to commencement of scaffold erection, the Customer to provide the Company written approval of the design from Customer’s on-site engineers.
c. The Customer to provide ground support condition capable of carrying the total gross weight of equipment when fully loaded. The Company will accept no responsibility whatsoever in the event of deflection, subsidence or collapse.
8. The ties and fixing for scaffold will require temporary connection to the building or structure to secure the scaffold. No ties are to be removed after installation unless approved by the Company. Prior to finalisation of the scaffold contract price, the Company must be notified in writing of any restrictions on the type of fixing and the placement of anchors used. The Customer is responsible for making good any holes remaining after removal of the ties/fixings.
9. Unless otherwise stated the quoted price provides for one access area ladder per job.
10. Unless otherwise stated, no allowance has been made for Roofers handrail protection.
11. The ground is assumed to be true and level unless stated. Any extra materials and labour required to compensate for out of level ground, will be charged to the Customer’s account as a variation to the contract.
12. If excavation of foundation surface is required next to or near the scaffold, the Customer is responsible for shoring the area and for the stability of structure. If extra scaffold is required for shoring this will be charged as a variation to the contract.
13. The Customer is responsible for protection of new or existing surface condition during erection and dismantle, and use of scaffold shall be the Customer’s responsibility unless stated.
14. The Company requires advance notification of any restrictions to site access. Adequate notification of such obstructed or restricted site access (eg concrete pours or precast delivery) will permit the Company’s deliveries to be re-scheduled thus avoiding extra freight charges.
15. The Company requires clear and unrestricted access to the ground/floor area for placement of the scaffolding. The Company requires notification in writing prior to start of the scaffold erection if restriction to certain areas is to be imposed. If access is restricted, this may affect the quoted price. If access is across an existing boundary line, it is the Customer’s responsibility to advise the Company what the exact boundary details are and obtain permission from the adjacent property owner prior to the Company commencing supply on site.
16. The Company undertakes to deliver the goods to a mutually agreed position as close as practicable to the installation point. In the event of this position not being available at the agreed time of delivery, any additional costs of labour and transport incurred will be to the Customer’s account.
17. The Company has priced the erection and dismantle of scaffold based on the use of the Customer’s on-site crane or personal hoist for the placement or removal of scaffold equipment. If this use is to be restricted or denied then the Company requires notification in writing prior to the supply of scaffolding and a price adjustment made. Loading bays must be provided for the loading of equipment during both erection and dismantling of the scaffolding.
18. Storage and protection of the goods while on site is the Customer’s responsibility. All losses resulting from damage, loss or theft will be the responsibility of the Customer and shall be at the Customer’s cost.
19. Prior to the Company signing the Hand-Over Scaffold Release Certificate and providing this the Customer, the scaffold is not to be used. The Company will perform Scaffold safety checks; Safety Tags and Scaffold Registers shall be completed and maintained, and shall be supplied to the Customer as and when required.
20. Precautions to secure the scaffold that prevents unauthorised use of, or access to site or building via the scaffold, is the Customer’s responsibility and the Company does not accept responsibility for any unauthorised entry, injury, damage or theft.
21. The Customer shall ensure that all users of the scaffold are aware of the load capacity of the scaffold and any restriction imposed on it. The Customer shall also ensure that the scaffold is not interfered with or altered in any way by site personnel and that any persons using the scaffold use all safety equipment pertaining to the scaffold design requirements. Remediation of unauthorised alterations to scaffold is considered a variation to the contract and is subject to clause 24 in respect of notice period.
22. The Company requires access to on-site toilet facilities and access to lunchroom facilities or an area to be provided for a location of a site shed.
23. Installation of scaffold will be carried out during normal working hours i.e. 7:00am to 6:00pm on the weekdays excluding Statutory Holidays. Unless by prior arrangement, work required outside these hours will be charged at an overtime rate as specified in the contract.
24. Alterations are to be carried out by Company representatives only. 48 hours’ notice request for variation to quoted Goods or Services is requested.
25. Please note the GENERAL CONDITIONS OF TRADING IN RESPECT OF HIREAGE.